Transport & Mobility Leuven
Transport & Mobility Leuven is a private research company founded in 2002 by the KU Leuven and the Dutch research institute TNO. TML is specialised in quantitative transport research and transport modelling. It is a multi-disciplinary team of high-level specialists in traffic engineering, transport modelling, transport economics, spatial economics and environmental science.
TML carries out research for governments and businesses to support their policy making. This research covers not only transport itself, but also a broad range of related issues: energy, environment, safety, logistics, spatial planning and effects on society in general.
Keep yourself informed!
- Register here and you will receive our newsletter every three months.
- Like our page on and follow us on
Environmental Modelling for automated Driving and Active Safety
Estimate of direct cost increase and economic impact using 2 scenarios
Update and improvement of the Flemish emission inventory for air traffic
The final report is available on the website
A concise impact assessment of trajectory speed control on the E40 in Belgium
Structure a Flemish system for quality assessment of traffic control systems
Guidelines and assessment of national policy frameworks
press & presentations
- 21 April 2015, Sven Maerivoet gave an interview for RTBF, Vivacité: 'Les embouteillages qui coûtent très cher à la société'
- 17 April 2015, Sven Maerivoet gave an interview for Radio 1 in De Wereld Vandaag about Meer auto's, minder verkeersdoden
- March 2015, Tom Depla and Sven Maerivoet wrote the article: "Trajectcontrole zorgt voor stabielere verkeersstroom", in Verkeersspecialist, no. 214, p. 3
- On Friday, 20 March the VSV (Flemish Foundation for Traffic Knowledge), in cooperation with TML and VIM, organised an exciting course on "The role of traffic data and software within the municipal policy"
- 9 March 2015, Sven Maerivoet gave a lecture on 'Congestion under Investigation' to the students Wiskundige Ingenieurstechnieken, KU Leuven
- 5 March 2015, Transport & Mobility Leuven was mentioned in an article in het Belang van Limburg: Vier op de tien occasies vertonen snel deffecten
- 18 February 2015, Eef Delhaye gave an interview for De Morgen on the NMBS growth stagnation
- 30 January 2015, Sven Marivoet gave an interview for the VTM news on the impact of trajectory speed control (report) and articles appeared in: Verkeersnet, De Morgen and Het Laatste Nieuws
- January 2015, Sven Maerivoet is author of the article MODUM: Proefproject dynamische en groene routeplanning, NM Magazine no.1, p. 28-29
- 17 January 2015, Sven Maerivoet gave an interview for the VRT news on the occasion of the Autosalon 2015: Auto doet het steeds meer zelf