Transport & Mobility Leuven
Transport & Mobility Leuven is a private research company founded in 2002 by the KU Leuven and 3 private partners. TML is specialised in quantitative transport research and transport modelling. It is a multi-disciplinary team of high-level specialists in traffic engineering, transport modelling, transport economics, spatial economics and environmental science.
TML carries out research for governments and businesses to support their policy making. This research covers not only transport itself, but also a broad range of related issues: energy, environment, safety, logistics, spatial planning and effects on society in general.
Keep yourself informed!
- Register here and you will receive our newsletter every three months.
- Like our page on and follow us on
Newsletter 2 is available
Supporting the identification of greenhouse gas mitigation measures in the field of green logistics in Indonesia
The results are available on the website
The final report is available on the website
The scenario analysis report is available on the website
Update of the projection model for energy consumption and air pollution of road traffic in the Brussels-Capital Region
Research on Clean Power for Taxis
A new brochure with update is available
Development of a macroscopic dynamic traffic model for the Brussels region
Upgrade of the Bossuit-Kortrijk canal for class Va ships
The final report and the deliverables to which TML contributed are available on the website
Supporting measures for the introduction of low-emission zones in Brussels
press & presentations
- 6-8 July 2017, Eef Delhaye had a presentation at the ATRS conference on Introducing more competition into ATM: Possible institutional designs - qualitative assessment, Antwerp (paper)
- 21-23 June 2017, Inge Mayeres gave a presentation on How to decarbonise aviation in Europe? The difficult route of biofuels, at the ITEA Conference, Barcelona
- 22 June 2017, Sven Maerivoet gave a presentation on Operational safety for autonomous vehicles at the 12th ITS European Congress, Strasbourg, France
- 13-16 June 2017, Bruno Van Zeebroeck gave two presentations: Bike-Train-Bike, Seamless energy efficient from door to door - 400% return on investment - How to implement; and Cycling in Brussels: nearly 20 times more benefits than costs, at Velo-city, Arnhem-Nijmegen, the Netherlands
- 15 June 2017, Sven Maerivoet gave an interview on Experimenting with self-driving busses. What is the effect on traffic behaviour?
- 6 June 2017, Bruno Van Zeebroeck gave a presentation on '400 millions: la valeur économique du vélo à Bruxelles en 2020' at the 'fietscoloquium' of Ecolo at the Brussels parliament
- 1 June 2017, Bruno Van Zeebroeck gave a presentation on Bike-Train-Bike, Seamless energy efficient from door to door - 400% return on investment - How to implement? at the ECOMM Conference, Maastricht, The Netherlands
- 18-19 May 2017, Eef Delhaye presented a paper on Consideration of the role of speed limiters in light commercial vehicle CO2 regulation, and Griet De Ceuster presented a paper on Internalization of external costs of transport in Flanders, at the BIVEC-GIBET Transport Research Days: Towards an autonomous and interconnected transport future, Liège
- 17 May 2017, Sven Maerivoet gave an interview for Knack, an article for Fact Checker: 'Linkerrijstrook snelst tijdens de file'
- 4 May 2017, a study of TML was mentioned in HLN, in the article: 'Kris Peeters: "Laat motards op busstrook rijden"'
- 3 May 2017, Sven Maerivoet contributed to a debate with FEBIAC and Kris Peeters on motorcycles and commuting
- 29 March 2017, Sven Maerivoet gave an interview for Knack, an article for Fact Checker: '52% van de uren die we verliezen in de file, verliezen we op de ring rond Brussel en Antwerpen'
- 6 March 2017, Sven Maerivoet gave a lecture on Congestion under Investigation, Case studies: Mathematical Engineering Techniques, KU Leuven
- 1 March 2017, TML was mentioned in several newspapers: 'Vlaming betaalt te weinig voor fileleed en milieuvervuiling': Het Laatste Nieuws, De Morgen, De Standaard, De Redactie
- March 2017, Sven Maerivoet gave an interview for De Verkeersspecialist no. 234, p. 39: Zo gezegd...