Transport & Mobility Leuven
Transport & Mobility Leuven is a private research company founded in 2002 by the KU Leuven and the Dutch research institute TNO. TML is specialised in quantitative transport research and transport modelling. It is a multi-disciplinary team of high-level specialists in traffic engineering, transport modelling, transport economics, spatial economics and environmental science.
TML carries out research for governments and businesses to support their policy making. This research covers not only transport itself, but also a broad range of related issues: energy, environment, safety, logistics, spatial planning and effects on society in general.
Keep yourself informed!
- Register here and you will receive our newsletter every three months.
- Like our page on and follow us on
Ex-post evaluation of Directive 2008/96/EC and ex-ante assessment of options on amendments to the Directive
The second deliverable D2: Air transport sector specificities is available on the website, as well as the presentations given at the workshop on 11 February
Drafting new guidelines for the discipline Mobility under the various EIA procedures
The final report is available on the website
The essential elements of our study are on the website
European project on harmonised passenger road mobility statistics
Estimation of the direct and indirect impacts of cycling today and in the future
There are deliverables available on the website
GHG emission reduction potential of EU-related maritime transport and its impacts
Estimation of the direct and indirect impacts with a modal share of 20% cyclists
press & presentations
- 10 February 2014, Sven Maerivoet gave an interview for De Standaard on congestion
- 10 February 2014, Eef Delhaye gave an interview for De Standaard on the environmental impacts of teleworking
- 9 February 2014, Griet De Ceuster gave an interview for the VRT News on the implementation of kilometre charging for light vehicles
- 8 February 2014, Eef Delhaye gave an interview for De Standaard on teleworking
- 7 February 2014, Joko Purwanto gave an interview for Bisnis Indonesi on adressing strong private vehicle ownership growth in Indonesia
- 7 February 2014, Griet De Ceuster gave an interview on rebound effects, the case study on teleworking, on Radio 1, program Hautekiet
- 7 February 2014, Sven Maerivoet gave an interview for www.vandaag.be on teleworking
- December 2013, Lars Akkermans was co-author of the article on The Potential of ITS to Enhance Co-Modality and Decarbonise Passenger Transport in Europe, published in the International Journal of Transportation, Volume 1, number 1, p. 54
- 8 November 2013, Sven Maerivoet gave a lecture on Congestion under Investigation for the VLITS seminar, KU Leuven
- 31 Oktober 2013, Sven Maerivoet presented the Road User Charging Field Trial in Leuven, MODUM, and ECOSTAND projects at the Innovations in Transport Event during the Manchester Science Festival
- 23 Oktober 2013, Sven Maerivoet gave an interview for De Standaard: 8.7 cent per km in de spits
- 18 Oktober 2013, Isaak Yperman gave an interview for De Standaard: De traagste week van het jaar
- 10 October 2013, Eef Delhaye gave a course on SCBA
- 4 October 2013, Sven Maerivoet gave a presentation at the ITS Belgium Congress in Brussels: Towards a Common Template for Urban ITS Action Plans