Transport & Mobility Leuven
Transport & Mobility Leuven is a private research company founded in 2002 by the KU Leuven and the Dutch research institute TNO. TML is specialised in quantitative transport research and transport modelling. It is a multi-disciplinary team of high-level specialists in traffic engineering, transport modelling, transport economics, spatial economics and environmental science.
TML carries out research for governments and businesses to support their policy making. This research covers not only transport itself, but also a broad range of related issues: energy, environment, safety, logistics, spatial planning and effects on society in general.
Keep yourself informed!
- Register here and you will receive our newsletter every three months.
- Like our page on and follow us on
We have a vacant position for a transport economist.
Estimation of the direct and indirect impacts with a modal share of 20% cyclists
Improvement of the module for seagoing vessels
Development of a combined traffic engineering – transport economic model
The final report is available
Ex-ante analysis for the successor to the EC’s Marco Polo programme in freight logistics
Elaboration discipline Human-Mobility in the Project EIR for the missing link ‘extension N60 Ronse’
Microsimulations to support the impact study
Study on the effectiveness and improvement of the EU legislative framework on training of professional drivers
Elaboration of the mobility aspect within the plan-EIR and SCBA analysis for the Antwerp tangents A102/R11bis
The three winners are known!
Study on some safety-related aspects of tyre use
European survey on the second hand car market
MObility, Vehicle fleet, Energy use and Emissions forecast Tool
press & presentations
- 8 November 2013, Sven Maerivoet gave a lecture on Congestion under Investigation for the VLITS seminar, KU Leuven
- 23 Oktober 2013, Sven Maerivoet gave an interview for De Standaard: 8.7 cent per km in de spits
- 18 Oktober 2013, Isaak Yperman gave an interview for De Standaard: De traagste week van het jaar
- 10 October 2013, Eef Delhaye gave a course on SCBA
- 4 October 2013, Sven Maerivoet gave a presentation at the ITS Belgium Congress in Brussels: Towards a Common Template for Urban ITS Action Plans
- September 2013, Sven Maerivoet wrote an article for NM Magazine, vol. 8, no. 3, pages 30-32 on Smart Mobility in the Proeftuin Leuven
- September 2013, Sven Maerivoet wrote an article for Karakter (Science magazine), no. 43, pages 22-24 on mathematical models in traffic
- 24 September 2013, Kristof Carlier gave a lecture on traffic models, cost benefit analysis and transport emissions for De Lijn
- 15 September 2013, Isaak Yperman gave an interview for De Standaard: http://m.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20130915_00742909
- 10 September 2013, Lars Akkermans gave an interview for Het Laatste Nieuws on cyclists and traffic safety
- 9 September 2013, Griet De Ceuster gave an interview for Het Financieele Dagblad on city planning and congestion
- 29 August 2013, Sven Marivoet and Isaak Yperman gave interviews for the 19h VTM news. Topics: Congestion around Brussels and weaving lanes on the E314
- 28 August 2013, several articles appeared on congestion in Brussels and Antwerp: De Standaard, Het Laatste Nieuws, De Tijd, De Morgen, Het Nieuwsblad
- 28 August 2013, Isaak Yperman gave an interview for VTM on Brussels as congestion champion (in Dutch)
- 13 August 2013, Isaak Yperman gave an interview for de Morgen: "Weg met vuile auto's, maar hoe?"