Transport & Mobility Leuven
Transport & Mobility Leuven is a private research company founded in 2002 by the KU Leuven and the Dutch research institute TNO. TML is specialised in quantitative transport research and transport modelling. It is a multi-disciplinary team of high-level specialists in traffic engineering, transport modelling, transport economics, spatial economics and environmental science.
TML carries out research for governments and businesses to support their policy making. This research covers not only transport itself, but also a broad range of related issues: energy, environment, safety, logistics, spatial planning and effects on society in general.
Keep yourself informed!
- Register here and you will receive our newsletter every three months.
- Like our page on and follow us on
COMPetition for AIR traffic management
Newsletter 1 is available on the website
The final report is available on the website
The final deliverables are available on the website
The final deliverables and the interactive tool are available on the website
Validation analysis express tram line 1 Hasselt-Maastricht
Reporting basic information and results from the provincial traffic models
Assessing the status of electrification of passenger cars and potential future implications for the environment and the European energy system (EEA)
GHG reduction measures for the Road Freight Transport sector up to 2030
Commercial vehicle of the future, operating on the infrastructure of the future to ensure efficiency gains, CO2 reduction and increased safety in road transport
Analysis of the pricing mechanisms and the trade patterns of second hand cars and light commercial vehicles
Policy support using the strategic freight model Flanders
Analysing data sets within the framework of the project ShopMob: mobility and rush hour avoidance while shopping
The three winners presented their thesis 5 October in a dedicated seminar and received their prizes
Development of a macroscopic dynamic traffic model for the Antwerp region
press & presentations
- 13 January 2016, Sven Maerivoet gave an interview on "Variabele snelheid op onze snelwegen: goed idee?", Radio 1, Hautekiet
- 5 January 2016, Lars Akkermans gave an interview on "Sharing is Caring", Knack Special on Mobility
- 17 December 2015, Sven Maerivoet gave a presentation on Data science in traffic analysis at the Data Science Meetup, Brussels
- 11 December 2015, Sven Maerivoet attended the debate "The future of the selfdriving car", at the Festival van de Gelijkheid, Ghent
- 17 December 2015, Lars Akkermans gave an interview for De Afspraak, Canvas: "Kan een app ons verkeer veiliger maken?"
- 1-3 December 2015, Eef Delhaye gave a presentation at the SESAR Innovation Days in Bologna: "ACCHANGE: Lessons learned and the way forward"(paper)
- 19 November 2015, Sven Maerivoet gave a presentation on Open data as an accelerator and enabler for cities at the POLIS Conference, Brussels
- 27 October 2015, Bruno Van Zeebroeck gave a presentation at the 'fiets-causerie' in Brussels: "Kunnen we ons rijk fietsen?"