Transport & Mobility Leuven
Transport & Mobility Leuven is a private research company founded in 2002 by the KU Leuven and the Dutch research institute TNO. TML is specialised in quantitative transport research and transport modelling. It is a multi-disciplinary team of high-level specialists in traffic engineering, transport modelling, transport economics, spatial economics and environmental science.
TML carries out research for governments and businesses to support their policy making. This research covers not only transport itself, but also a broad range of related issues: energy, environment, safety, logistics, spatial planning and effects on society in general.
Keep yourself informed!
- Register here and you will receive our newsletter every three months.
- Like our page on and follow us on
TML wishes you a fantastic 2015!
Click on the picture for more!
Transport success stories on environment
The final reports are available on the website
A knowledge database with best bicycle practices from home and abroad
The final brochure and the last newsletter are available on the website
The second newsletter is available on the website
The final report is available on the website
press & presentations
- January 2015, Sven Maerivoet is co-author of the article MODUM: Proefproject dynamische en groene routeplanning, NM Magazine no.1, p. 28-29
- 17 January 2015, Sven Maerivoet gave an interview for the VRT news on the occasion of the Autosalon 2015: Auto doet het steeds meer zelf
- 4 December 2014, Thomas Blondiau gave a presentation on Jobs and Job Creation in the European Cycling Sector at the Cycle for Growth conference organised by the European Cyclists' Federation
- 1 December 2014, Sven Maerivoet and Dirk Engels gave a presentation on Parking and ITS/ICT on the Training day Parking at the Vlaamse Stichting Verkeerskunde, Mechelen
- 25 November 2014, SESAR Innovation days, Eef Delhaye presented a paper on ACCHANGE: Building Economic Models for Understanding ATC Performance (paper - presentation)
- 17 October 2014, Sven Maerivoet gave a presentation on Big Data & Mobility at the ITS Belgium Conference in Brussels, and won the Silver Medal for the best presentation
- 17 October 2014, Sven Maerivoet co-hosted a session with Technum on Regional ITS Action Plans: Towards a Flemish ITS Action Plan at the ITS Belgium Conference in Brussels
- 10 October 2014, Bruno Van Zeebroeck gave a presentation at a meeting organised by the University of Namen and Gracq: Evaluation économique de la pratique du vélo en Wallonie
- 24 September 2014, Lars Akkermans gave an interview for Tertio on the behaviour of young adults towards mobility
- 15 September 2014, the final I-C-EU Workshop "The Impacts of Transport Infrastructure Investments on Competitiveness" took place at the EC, Madou Tower, Brussels